Effective May 1, 2021, all Dependent Pass (DP) holders who wish

to be employed during their stay in Singapore will need an

applicable work pass, such as an Employment Pass (EP), S Pass or

Work Permit, instead of a Letter of Consent to Work (LOC).

Existing LOC holders may continue to work until the expiry of

their LOCs. If the existing LOC holders wish to continue working

after the expiry of their LOCs, their employers will need to apply

for an applicable work pass for them. Should the existing LOC

holders and their employers wish to do so, Ministry of Manpower

(MOM) will facilitate their transition to a work pass. However,

please note that the qualifying salary, dependency ratio ceilings,

and/or levies for the respective work passes will apply.

Planning ahead

Should the affected employers wish to continue employing their

existing LOC holders after the expiry of their LOCs, they should

start assessing the work pass eligibility of their existing LOC

holders to make sure that the prevailing criteria for the

respective work passes are met.

Affected employers are advised to start the work pass

applications for their existing LOC holders early, so that they can

secure the In-Principle Approval (IPA) in time before the expiry of

the existing LOCs.

As per the current requirements of the Fair Consideration

Frameworks (FCF), S Pass and EP applications that are submitted for

existing LOC holders before the expiry of the LOC is exempted from

job advertising requirements.

LOC or Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC ) of Long-Term Visit

Pass (LTVP) holders who are spouses or children of Singapore

citizens and Singapore PR are not affected.

Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact an

immigration specialist for general or case-specific advice.

Please note that this is general information only and not

intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to

contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions

exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared

using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is

licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.

The content of this article is intended to provide a general

guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought

about your specific circumstances.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top