The Ministry of Interior (MoI) and the Ministry of
Administrative Development, Social and Labor Affairs (MADLSA) have
announced some forthcoming new work and residence permit rules.
The proposed measures include a new temporary work visa and
permission for sons of foreign residents to work without changing
their family sponsorship.
Temporary Work Visa
- This new visa would be available for urgent, seasonal and
short-term work for a specific period up to six months.
- A temporary work visa valid for one month will cost QAR 300;
for two months – QAR 500; and for three to six months –
QAR 200 per month.
- Further details are not yet available.
Sons of Foreign Residents
- The proposals include permission for the dependent male
children of foreign residents to work without changing their family
sponsorship but after obtaining the necessary work
- Currently, male dependents who wish to work must apply for work
authorization through a sponsoring employer, and relinquish their
The content of this article is intended to provide a general
guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought
about your specific circumstances.