IMMIGRATION PARALEGAL – CAREER OPPORTUNITY
FAKHOURY GLOBAL IMMIGRATION
Fakhoury Global Immigration (FGI) was founded in 1997 and has grown to be one of the largest independent immigration law firms in the U.S. FGI is comprised of over thirty attorneys and 150 staff members in six national and global locations. Our mission is to provide businesses with effective talent mobility solutions that advance our nation’s competitiveness. We provide peerless service to our ever-expanded roster of clients, who include some of the world’s most innovative brands in the IT, engineering, architecture, and health care sectors. Our firm has been a pioneer in adopting innovative technologies and streamlined case management processes both to handle high volume case filings and to provide customized, white-glove service that meets our clients’ specific objectives.
FGI offers careers to those seeking to work among highly motivated teams some of the best-trained immigration professionals in the country. We offer on-the-job training, opportunities for professional advancement, and competitive salaries and benefits.
- Perform intake of cases, troubleshooting and establishing case strategy.
- Analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency.
- Drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases.
- Review and approve client billing under the supervision of partner or attorney.
- Prioritize and assign cases, monitor workload, and production.
- Oversee the status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems. Run reports as needed. Experience with INS Zoom, is a plus.
- Work closely in team environment and provide updates while building knowledge of Firm and client processes.
- Learn procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members.
- Identify ways to improve team productivity and office-wide projects
- 2+ years of experience as a business immigration paralegal
- Possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and client processes.
- Experience drafting H-1Bs, RFEs, and PERM Audit responses and drafting and filing large volumes of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, including Outstanding Researcher and PERM.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume caseload while maintaining high level of productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to Multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Meets assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- BA, BS degree or Paralegal certificate
WHY CHOOSE FGI?
- Competitive 401k and worker’s compensation plans.
- Employer contributed health care plans.
- 96 hrs of accrued paid time off (PTO) after one year of employment.
- 9 paid holidays and paid bereavement days.
- Convenient location in Oakland County, near major freeways (I-75, I-696) and Somerset mall region.
- Casual, friendly, and team-oriented work environment.
- Continuous legal training, webinars, immigration education, and other opportunities for professional development.
- Company sponsored events including annual holiday parties, celebrations, and philanthropic initiatives