(2+Years of Experience Required)
The Immigration Paralegal must have at least 2+ years of experience working as a paralegal for an immigration firm and experience working with and drafting PERM labor certifications, RFE, and H1-B.
Immigration Paralegal Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience as a business immigration paralegal
- Possesses strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and client processes.
- Experience drafting H-1Bs, RFEs and PERM Audit responses and drafting and filing large volumes of immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, including Outstanding Researcher and PERM.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume caseload while maintaining high level of productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to Multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Meets assigned deadlines and communicates case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team.
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment.
- BA, BS degree or Paralegal certificate
Immigration Paralegal Description:
- Perform intake of cases, troubleshooting and establishing case strategy.
- Analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency.
- Drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases.
- Review and approve client billing under supervision of partner or attorney.
- Prioritize and assign cases, monitor workload and production.
- Oversee status of cases through utilization of case management and billing systems. Run reports as needed. Experience with INS Zoom, is a plus.
- Work closely in team environment and provide updates while building knowledge of Firm and client processes.
- Learn procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new team members.
- Identify ways to improve team productivity and office-wide projects