Immigration Legal Assistant – Entry Level
FAKHOURY GLOBAL IMMIGRATION
Fakhoury Global Immigration (FGI) was founded in 1997 and has grown to be one of the largest independent immigration law firms in the U.S. FGI is comprised of over thirty attorneys and 150 staff members in six national and global locations. Our mission is to provide businesses with effective talent mobility solutions that advance our nation’s competitiveness. We provide peerless service to our ever-expanded roster of clients, who include some of the world’s most innovative brands in the IT, engineering, architecture, and health care sectors. Our firm has been a pioneer in adopting innovative technologies and streamlined case management processes both to handle high volume case filings and to provide customized, white-glove service that meets our clients’ specific objectives.
FGI offers careers to those seeking to work among highly motivated teams some of the best-trained immigration professionals in the country. We offer on-the-job training, opportunities for professional advancement, and competitive salaries and benefits.
The following duties are completed under the direction and supervision of a licensed attorney and experienced paralegal:
- Assist with the initial document review of employment-based Immigrant and Non-immigrant petitions and applications. Including but not limited to:
- Locate, obtain, and preserve client documentation
- Review, print and organize client documentation
- Assist in obtaining missing documents/information from client
- Prepare appropriate forms and letters regarding client matters before US CIS, US DOL, and US DOS.
- Assist in corresponding with clients and government agencies as needed.
- Assist Paralegal in monitoring progress of case (status sheet).
- Assist in maintaining and administering tickler system, database, and calendar.
- Assist in filing Petitions / Applications with the appropriate government agency
- Immigration experience and/or coursework preferred.
- 1-year of Immigration experience and/or immigration coursework preferred
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $14.00 /hour
WHY CHOOSE FGI?
- Competitive 401k and worker’s compensation plans.
- Employer contributed health care plans.
- 96 hrs of accrued paid time off (PTO) after one year of employment.
- 9 paid holidays and paid bereavement days.
- Convenient location in Oakland County, near major freeways (I-75, I-696) and Somerset mall region.
- Casual, friendly, and team-oriented work environment.
- Continuous legal training, webinars, immigration education, and other opportunities for professional development.
- Company sponsored events including annual holiday parties, celebrations, and philanthropic initiatives