- May 17, 2019
- Posted by: Tim Braswell
- Category: Career Alert
Human Resources Generalist Career Opportunity
FAKHOURY GLOBAL IMMIGRATION
Fakhoury Global Immigration (FGI) was founded in 1997 and has grown to be one of the largest independent immigration law firms in the U.S. FGI is comprised of over thirty attorneys and 150 staff members in six national and global locations. Our mission is to provide businesses with effective talent mobility solutions that advance our nation’s competitiveness. We provide peerless service to our ever-expanded roster of clients, who include some of the world’s most innovative brands in the IT, engineering, architecture, and health care sectors. Our firm has been a pioneer in adopting innovative technologies and streamlined case management processes both to handle high volume case filings and to provide customized, white-glove service that meets our clients’ specific objectives.
FGI offers careers to those seeking to work among highly motivated teams some of the best-trained immigration professionals in the country. We offer on-the-job training, opportunities for professional advancement, and competitive salaries and benefits
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- An Associate’s degree and two years of experience in the HR field or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Communication skills critical (both written and verbal)
- Ethical Practice. Global & Cultural Awareness. HR Expertise. Relationship Management.
WHY CHOOSE FGI?
- Employer contributed health care plans. Employer paid short term disability, life, and accident insurance.
- 96 hours of accrued paid time off (PTO) after one year of employment.
- 10 paid holidays
- Convenient location in Oakland County, near major freeways (I-75, I-696)
- Casual, friendly, and team-oriented work environment.
- Company sponsored events including annual holiday parties, celebrations, and philanthropic initiatives
HOW TO APPLY?
Email your Resume to Veronica@employmentimmigration.com