- June 26, 2017
- Posted by: Tim Braswell
- Category: Immigration Alerts, United Kingdom
Effective June 1, 2017, the UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) department has implemented new charges in contacting them in regards to out of country visa applications.
The new changes are outlined below:
- Telephone and email inquiries to UKVI regarding an out of country application is now chargeable;
- Phone calls are charged £1.37 per minute for on the helpline, in addition to the standard network charge
- Email inquiries are charged £5.48 per email inquiry, though will cover all subsequent emails relating to the same inquiry with payment to be made online by debit or credit card
- The phone numbers and opening hours of the UKVI department have changed;
- Languages offered has been reduced to eight;
Sponsored license holders who use the premium customer service will not be affected by the new charges.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation.