- January 16, 2017
- Posted by: Tim Braswell
- Category: Immigration Alerts, United Kingdom
United Kingdom – 2017 Allocation of Certificates of Sponsorship
UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) have advised that sponsors are now able to apply to renew their allocation of Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) in Tier 2 (General).
- The present allocations will expire on April 5, 2017.
- Some sponsors’ allocations will be “automatically renewed”, in which case nothing is required from the sponsor.
- UKVI will contact other sponsors via email three months before April 5, 2017, and monthly thereafter, by way of reminder.
- If a sponsor’s allocations expire, it is not possible to assign a CoS until a renewal request is granted.
- It is not possible to request an in-year CoS increase for an expired allocation.
- The standard processing time for a CoS is up to 18 weeks. Sponsors may request expedited CoS processing for a £200 UKVI fee.
Sponsors should ensure that requests to renew allocations are made to UKVI in time to facilitate a CoS allocation on April 6, 2017, to minimize the risk of allocations expiring.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert was prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.