- April 15, 2016
- Posted by: FGI Alert Group
- Category: Firm News, Immigration Alerts, Sweden
A new step in the work permit application process has recently been implemented. Foreign nationals applying for work permits must now submit their employment offer letter to a local Swedish labor union for evaluation prior to the submission of the work permit application.
The updated work permit application process will be as follows:
- Employment offer letter is submitted to a Swedish labor union for evaluation and approval;
- Swedish labor union will reply to request typically within 48 hours;
- If the labor union rejects the terms of the employment offer letter, the employer can revise the letter and re-submit it to the labor union; and
- Once the employment offer letter is approved, the work permit application process continues.
Work permit applicants and their employers should take this new step into consideration as it may add several days to the work permit application process.