- March 4, 2016
- Posted by: FGI Alert Group
- Category: Firm News, Immigration Alerts, Romania
The Romanian government has announced the new work permit quota for 2016. While the total number of available work permits has not changed from the previous year, the amounts allocated for each category slightly differ.
A total of 5,500 work permits will be issued, with the following allocations:
- 700 for intracompany transferees;
- 800 for highly skilled workers;
- 3,500 for permanent workers;
- 200 for trainees;
- 200 for seasonal workers; and
- 100 for cross-border workers.
The Ministry of Labor, Family and Social Protection may issue a proposal to increase the number of available work permits if the quota is reached.