- July 22, 2016
- Posted by: FGI Alert Group
- Category: Firm News, Immigration Alerts, Luxembourg
The minimum salary has increased for highly skilled foreign workers for Luxembourg’s Blue Card program from € 71,946 to € 73,296 per year.
The immigration authorities in Luxembourg have also announced a list of shortage occupations to which a lower minimum annual salary of € 58,636.80 applies (1.2 times the average annual salary).
The Luxembourg government has identified a need to attract more non-EU national workers in the following shortage occupations:
- mathematicians, actuaries and statisticians;
- systems analysts;
- software developers;
- web and multimedia developers;
- applications programmers;
- software and application developers and analysts, multimedia developers not listed elsewhere;
- database designers and administrators;
- systems administrators;
- computer network professionals; and
- database and network professionals not elsewhere classified.