- August 12, 2016
- Posted by: FGI Alert Group
- Category: Firm News, Immigration Alerts, Ireland
Two new employment permits took effect beginning of August 2016. The New Employment Permit (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2016 – S.I. No. 363 of 2016 and New Employment Permits (Trusted Partner) (Amendment) Regulations 2016 – S.I. No. 403 of 2016T have the following changes:
The following roles have been added to the list to the Highly Skilled Occupations List (HESOL):
- Respiratory physiologists;
- Accountants working in MNC Global Audit Services; and
- Tax consultants specializing in non-EEA tax consultancy.
The following Job category has been exempted from the Ineligible Categories of Employment List (ICEL):
- Legal associate professionals who are fluent in the official language, apart from English, of a state which is not a Member State of the EEA and who have market knowledge of the non-EEA state.
The minimum period a Trainee under the Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permit Scheme is required to be in the employment of a foreign employer is reduced from 6 months to 1 month.
As mentioned before, the roll out of the new Employment Permit Online Application System is expected to go live in September. The Employment Permit Section is asking applicants to hold off on submitting applications for employment permits during the month of August 2016, if possible. Such applications can then be submitted online in early September. If there is an absolute requirement for an application to be made in the coming weeks it is possible to request for a copy of the newly amended form on a case by case basis.