- October 28, 2016
- Posted by: FGI Alert Group
- Category: Firm News, Hungary, Immigration Alerts
Two new immigration categories have been introduced, the intra-corporate transferee permit and the long-term mobility permit.
The following are criteria for an intra-corporate transferee permit
- Issued by another EU Member state;
- Permitted to work and reside at a company that is the same from their EU member state; and
- Valid for up to 90 days.
The following are criteria for a long-term mobility permit:
- Residence Permit; and
- Available to foreign nationals on an Intra-Corporate Transferee Permit whose stay is longer than 90 days.
Foreign nationals whose stay is longer than 90 days but do not hold an Intra-Corporate Transferee Permit may still apply for one if the following criteria are met:
- The foreign national must be employed by the sending entity for a minimum of 5-12 months for managers/experts or 3-6 months for trainees;
- Companies must be linked by common ownership;
- The foreign national must meet educational requirements;
- Employment contract or assignment letter;
- Salary must be consistent with what a local resident would expect to be paid for the same position;
- Sponsoring entity must fulfill posted workers conditions;
- Duration of stay is longer in Hungary than the other EU member state;
- Proof of insurance;
- Proof of financial support; and
- Proof of accommodation.