- November 18, 2016
- Posted by: FGI Alert Group
- Category: Belgium, Firm News, Immigration Alerts
A number of Belgium work permits specify a minimum salary threshold required to qualify for a position. The following new salary thresholds, effective January 1, 2017, have been confirmed by the Flanders authorities:
- Highly skilled work permits: 40,124 Euro, up from 39,824 Euro for 2016
- Executive level work permits: 66,942 Euro, up from 66,442 Euro for 2016
- Blue Card salary has yet to be confirmed for 2017, though presumption is to be 51,881 Euro
Employers sending foreign nationals to Belgium January 1 should ensure they meet the new salary threshold for the appropriate work permit category.